Saturday, May 14, 2011

Intentional Nonchalance for Christ

This week I was praying with my prayer partner and she said something while praying for me that stood out in my mind. We discussed the fact that I have been intentionally trying to stay in a place of peace. I’ve had that scripture that says ‘whatever things are good…meditate on those things’ and I shared with her that I didn’t want to go too far and become one of those people who ignored reality and buried my head in the sand but needed to stand on my trust that the Lord won’t leave me where He has guided me. For whatever it’s worth, I am acutely aware that the money is spare and process is moving slow towards my destiny. However, I’m also acutely aware that worrying about it won’t change a thing. In fact, the Bible specifically says not to worry. And so as she prayed she said the phrase “intentional nonchalance” and that stuck with me. Her prayer? “Lord, we pray that her nonchalance in the flesh will only be about her full surrender in the Spirit.”

Amen.

These days I have decided that knowing that I’m in the right place at the right time despite the circumstances will simply have to be enough. Knowing that I moved when God said move will have to keep me content in this season of “abasement”. It has to be enough that God said even when I’m feeling alone. Living in a time when I’m not sure how or if the ends will or ever should meet again has been graciously covered by that very thing that God promised—peace that surpasses all understanding. …It’s enough to make you laugh to keep from crying…even as I went to grab that reference from my Bible, my eyes fell on Philippians 3:8 (in the Amplified version of the Bible) which says,

“Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),”

Wow! Not much more needs to be said after that. So friends, it’s just another day in my life of water-walking—a day when I am wholeheartedly walking in a haze of intentional nonchalance and surrender to the Spirit.


*This post was written Thursday, May 12, 2011 but unable to be posted due to site/technical difficulties

No comments:

Post a Comment